Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Finally - Gardai investigating assault by armed US border cops in Dublin

 Update 2019; things are now much clearer. These untrained thugs, as it turns out, have diplomatic immunity. In short, even while on Irish soil, they can do ANYTHING THEY WANT to you. So the provisions stating that you can back out of the process at any time are nonsense. They can assault you, arrest you, kill you and it's all "legal". As I recall, their treatment of al-Baghdadi in similar circumstances is what started ISIS.

Finally, our quisling state keeps insisting that they are unarmed. something perforated my skin.


2018 account

Gardai have formally requested video

To answer the question about jurisdiction it turns out that the American Immigration runs a pre-clearance area in Dublin with their own uniformed and armed staff. These are the guys who attacked me .

Specifically what happened is issues came up above my eligibility to come in on a tourist visa. I've made no bones whatsoever in previous interviews with them in the last few years  about this and I was being open with them saying that I run an online research company..that of course means does inevitably I will be doing some work on that in the United States when I'm over seeing Melanie. I have indeed run academic  conferences in the US since 2012. The day academics need business visas to attend and run academic  conferences
in another country, that country will have no more academic conference

However when this issue came up this time I was told that they rendered my application to enter the United States invalid. This is the point that things got ugly. I said fair enough just give me back my passport and my phone which they had seized. I assumed I was free to go but that actually was not the case. The official who had my phone and passport assaulted me and I ran across the airport floor back to Ireland as I saw it. This is not how they saw it and 10 of them run after me and assaulted me from behind drawing blood in the process. They then locked me in there little in there little Guantanamo in their section of the airport doing a full a full Frisk including a crotch search. I was refused access to a department of Foreign Affairs official. When the Irish airport cops arrived to get me there was a marked change of attitude and the Irish took all their names and then advised me to go to the police station to make a formal complaint of the assault which drew blood which I have done

This is the situation; I was detained without being so informed. When I broke away from my detainer I shouted “this is Ireland” which did not stop at least 10 CBP thugs chasing me outside their own zone in Ireland. They then dragged me back and locked me up, I might still be there had the airport police not seen things my way, take their names, and advise me to make a formal complaint

This is how the jurisdictional issue arises;
Agreement between the Government of Ireland and the Government of the United States of America on Air Transport Preclearance - TREATY SERIES 2010 Nº 12


*****************
S.I. No. 9/2011 - Preclearance Area (Dublin Airport) Regulations 2011.

******************
4.1 Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Pre-clearance:

The US CBP agency provides carriers bound for the United States with US CBP pre-clearance facilities
in Dublin Airport’s Terminal 2. These facilities offer US-bound passengers departing Dublin a range of
services that can be completed prior to departure, including all customs, US immigration and agriculture
clearance. The daa pre-clearance charge for the use of CBP pre-clearance facilities at Dublin Airport is
set out below:

Service Charge € Description

CBP pre-clearance charge* 7.90 Per passenger
*This charge is zero rated for VAT.

This daa CBP pre-clearance charge is distinct from any other pre-clearance charge(s) that may be
levied by the US CBP agency on passengers travelling to the United States.

All enquiries can be addressed to:  Gary McLean Head of Op - Phone 353 1 944 2748

*******************
USCBP Preclearance Locations

Dublin Airport, U.S. Customs & Border Protection, Terminal 2, Pier E, Dublin, Ireland       011 353-1248-0300


*******************
The Irish Times:  Wed, Feb 1, 2017

Government keen to maintain US immigration preclearance facilities at Irish airports
Complete review’ of the Dublin and Shannon facilities will continue, officials say


Review:

According to the Government briefing, a group of senior officials from both the Irish and US governments meet annually to review the operation of the agreement. The Preclearance Consultative Group, which includes representatives from the US Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection and the Transportation Security Administration and from the Irish Department of Transport and Dublin and Shannon airports, is due to have its next meeting on March 1st.


***************
Irish Independent - February 1 2017

Pre-clearance at airport is 'critically important' for our country, says DAA boss


**************
01-Jun-2016 CAPA
US immigration pre-clearance: Dublin Airport's rapid growth has been supported by enhanced US access

How the pre-clearance procedure is impacting airports
The countries where the pre-clearance procedure is already in place, at selected airports are: Canada, Ireland, the UAE (specifically Abu Dhabi), the Caribbean (Aruba, the Bahamas) and the North Atlantic (Bermuda) as in the table above.

Dublin (and Shannon) airports are five-year veterans at pre-clearance. Dublin makes for an interesting case study.

Ireland is the only country in Europe to offer pre-clearance for travellers flying to the US, and has done so for over five years. The service is available for those departing from Dublin and Shannon airports.

At Dublin the Customs & Border Protection pre-clearance (CBP p/c) initiative, which was installed in 2010 as part of the Terminal 2 project, is described as having ‘worked well.’ In summer 2015 all US bound flights pre-cleared at Dublin. Since 1986 the two countries had previously had a pre-inspection agreement - allowing immigration inspections but not customs or agriculture inspections.

There has been a particular focus on growing trans-Atlantic traffic at Dublin in recent years. Not for the first time - Aer Lingus was active in this segment in the 1980s, attempting to build Dublin as a hub, but lost its way later. And this time around it is not just Aer Lingus, which has become a member of International Airlines Group (IAG) and could become a focus of transatlantic hub activity for that group. Trans-Atlantic airlines now include Air Canada Rouge; Air Transat; American; Delta; Ethiopian (to LAX); United; US Airways; ASL Airlines (previously Europe Airpost) and WestJet.

As a consequence, Dublin is the fifth largest airport in Europe for trans-Atlantic flights and it increased its trans-Atlantic passenger numbers by 17% in 2015. Transfer passenger numbers increased by 27% as Dublin Airport continued to become a significant hub for trans-Atlantic transfers.

In 1Q2016 the number of passengers connecting from the UK and mainland Europe and transferring onwards to the United States increased by 68%. The increase in the reverse direction was 72%.

That is not to claim that the CBP p/c is uniquely responsible for these results. As the airport's operator, daa (Dublin Airport Authority), points out, Dublin Airport is helped by its geographic position on the western edge of Europe and the strong route network to North America, Europe and the Middle East, as well as the availability of US CBP.

This means shorter flying times and less backtracking of connections. Not mentioned, but also important, is a comparatively passenger friendly tax regime, especially when contrasted with the UK's.

Nevertheless the influence of the CBP p/c can perhaps be gauged from this advertisement from Liverpool’s John Lennon Airport, one of many (there are 21 in the UK) with ‘feeder’ flights that connect with Aer Lingus services to the US. The CBP p/c procedure is couched in such a way as to make it appear as if it has been arranged for the benefit of Liverpool Airport’s own passengers, which in a way it has, conferring as it does a special status on them, one which they cannot get ‘on a direct flight’ (i.e. from a competing airport).

This very positive marketing for Dublin suggests it could become as important for westbound transit from the UK and vice versa as Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is, eastbound.


Misc

To answer the question about jurisdiction it turns out that the
American Immigration runs a pre-clearance area in Dublin with their
own uniformed and armed staff. These are the guys who attacked me .

Specifically what happened is issues came up above my eligibility to
come in on a tourist visa. I've made no bones whatsoever in previous
interviews with them in the last few years  about this and I was being
open with them saying that I run an online research company..that of
course means does inevitably I will be doing some work on that in the
United States when I'm over seeing Melanie. I have indeed run academic
 conferences in the US since 2012. The day academics need business
visas to attend and run academic  conferences
in another country, that country will have no more academic conference

However when this issue came up this time I was told that they
rendered my application to enter the United States invalid. This is
the point that things got ugly. I said fair enough just give me back
my passport and my phone which they had seized. I assumed I was free
to go but that actually was not the case. The official who had my
phone and passport assaulted me and I ran across the airport floor
back to Ireland as I saw it. This is not how they saw it and 10 of
them run after me and assaulted me from behind drawing blood in the
process. They then locked me in there little in there little
Guantanamo in their section of the airport doing a full a full Frisk
including a crotch search. I was refused access to a department of
Foreign Affairs official. When the Irish airport cops arrived to get
me there was a marked change of attitude and the Irish took all their
names and then advised me  to go to the police station to make a
formal complaint of the assault which drew blood which I have done

This is the situation; I was detained without being so informed. When
I broke away from my detainer I shouted “this is Ireland” which did
not stop at least 10 CBP thugs chasing me outside their own zone in
Ireland. They then dragged me back and locked me up, I might still be
there had  the airport police not seen things my way, take their
names, and advise me to make a formal complaint

This is how the jurisdictional issue arises;
Agreement between the Government of Ireland and the Government of the
United States of America on Air Transport Preclearance - TREATY SERIES
2010 Nº 12

https://www.dfa.ie/media/dfa/alldfawebsitemedia/treatyseries/uploads/documents/legaldivisiondocuments/treatyseries2010/no.-12-of-2010.pdf

*****************
S.I. No. 9/2011 - Preclearance Area (Dublin Airport) Regulations 2011.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2011/si/9/made/en/print
******************
4.1 Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Pre-clearance:

The US CBP agency provides carriers bound for the United States with
US CBP pre-clearance facilities
in Dublin Airport’s Terminal 2. These facilities offer US-bound
passengers departing Dublin a range of
services that can be completed prior to departure, including all
customs, US immigration and agriculture
clearance. The daa pre-clearance charge for the use of CBP
pre-clearance facilities at Dublin Airport is
set out below:

Service Charge € Description

CBP pre-clearance charge* 7.90 Per passenger
*This charge is zero rated for VAT.

This daa CBP pre-clearance charge is distinct from any other
pre-clearance charge(s) that may be
levied by the US CBP agency on passengers travelling to the United States.

All enquiries can be addressed to:  Gary McLean Head of Op - Phone 353
1 944 2748

https://www.dublinairport.com/docs/default-source/Airport-Charges/2017-miscellaneous-charges-booklet.pdf?sfvrsn=0
*******************
USCBP Preclearance Locations

Dublin Airport, U.S. Customs & Border Protection, Terminal 2, Pier E,
Dub

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete